Pandeiro 10" Especial - Model III - Fabiano Raposa
|amount jingles:||6 sets|
|height of frame:||44 mm|
Fabiano Raposa's pandeiros are known for their fine woods and attention to detail. His Model III is considered his "Executive Model" due to it's beautiful detail work. Like the Model II, the Model III is designed for traditional playing such as choro and samba. The main differences being the detailed inlay work, brass rim and 6 sets of jingles.
- 10" diameter, 4.5cm high body in "Pau Marfim" (Ivorywood) and "Canela" wood, with beautiful border details. Please note: Because variations of color are common with Canela wood, it's common that this pandeiro sometimes ships in a lighter shade of brown than shown in the photos
- Flat, brass rim
- Medium skin goat skin
- 6 sets of loose fitted, hand hammered brass jingles
- Stainless steel tuning lugs clamped to body without any drilling/screws
- Tuning key included
- Approximate weight: 415 grams
- Optional well-padded soft case available
Brand description "Fabiano Raposa"
FABIANO RAPOSA´s workshop is based in Florianopolis, the south of Brazil.
His pandeiros are handcrafted in artisanal processes and are of very high quality.
You can see that the pandeiros are made with great accuracy and an exceptional affection to details. For the instrument´s frame, different types of precious woods are being used. Later, the sound characteristics are highly influenced by the choice of the wood.
Last but not least the choice of the skin is made by strict criterias. Alltogether this is what makes the sound of those instruments unique, fine and clear.
The basic idea behind RAPOSA is that it is more fun to play on good and pretty instruments and therefore it is also easier to make good music.